I thought the CRX1 fit pretty nicely in that parts bin, so I decided to make it into a container (can’t really call it an enclosure) for the board. It’s not an elegant enclosure like the kind Dave/AA7EE makes, but it works out pretty well, and shows off the board nicely. Maybe when I get some enclosure making skill levels, I’ll make a new one.
I was originally going to get some standoffs to secure the board to the bin, but then I thought it might be nice for there to be a bit of weight so that it would sit a little more securely. I cut a piece of 1×3″ board to fit and screwed it to the bin, then screwed the CRX1 to the board.
Now I need to find some rubber feet for the bottom of the bin and some knobs for the gain and tuning pots.